In this incident, a major loss of life was avoided by removing the gas bottle.
Vadodara : A fire broke out today due to gas leakage in the flat of Shubh Residency located in Subhanpura area of Vadodara city. After reporting the incident to the fire department, the fire brigade team reached the spot and controlled the fire by using water cannon. The fire started due to leakage in the gas bottle. Fortunately, the bottle did not explode and major casualties were avoided. The fire, police and electricity company employees immediately reached the spot regarding the incident. A flat on the first floor of Shubh Residency, located behind Inorbit Mall in Vadodara city, caught fire after fumes from a leaking cooking gas cylinder. The fire brigade was informed by local residents before the fire took a more severe form. The fire fighters of the fire brigade immediately rushed to the spot. They used water to control the fire here. A major accident was averted when the leaking gas bottle was removed from the house.
Moreover, the surrounding people rushed to this incident. The fire started due to leakage in the gas bottle. These gas bottles were supplied for geysers and cooking purposes. And while the gas geysers were running in this bottle, suddenly there would be leakage in the bottle. Preliminary findings have been made that the fire started. However, in this incident, a major casualty was avoided as the bottle did not explode. About this incident, Sub Fire Officer of Vadodara Vadiwadi Fire Station Ganpat Jaliya said that our team immediately reached the spot as soon as our team received the message. There was a fire and the fire was brought under control by fire fighters using water cannon. After that, it was found that the gas bottle was leaking. Bottle connection was provided to gas geyser and kitchen. Due to which this fire started. After the fire was brought under control, an investigation revealed extensive damage to the interior of the cabin. In this incident, a major loss of life was avoided by removing the gas bottle.