One hundred and fifty patients per day in Ahmedabad Civil; Also this virus is spreading quickly and more cases have been recorded
Ahmedabad: An increase in cases of conjunctivitis (Conjunctivitis Virus) is being seen across the state. It is also believed by the doctors that, during the effect of Korana, those who have taken steroids are soon infected by the conjunctivitis virus.
Conjunctivitis cases are on the rise across the state. There has been a significant increase in the number of conjunctivitis patients in most of the cities and districts of the state since last fortnight. In simple language this pain is known as ophthalmia, in which there is an eye problem with red eyes. Currently, the health department has also become alert due to the surge in such patients.
At present, 150 to 160 patients are coming forward with the effects of conjunctivitis in the civil hospital of Ahmedabad city. In the meantime, it is also believed that, the patients who have been affected by Corona are currently being affected by this virus rapidly. That means this virus infects them quickly. This is the belief of many doctors, but it has not been proved in any way yet.
Taking steroid medication is dangerous
It is also believed by some doctors that conjunctivitis virus infects those who have taken steroids during the effect of Corona. Also, some patients use steroids for eye pain. In the treatment of conjunctivitis, these types of drugs can prove dangerous to the eye.
If the steroid is used in excess of the eye drops, eye damage may occur. Doctors believe that, using too much can cause loss of eye. For this, any kind of medicine drops should be put in the eye only after consulting the doctors. According to experts, using drops without doctor’s advice can prove dangerous.
- Do this to prevent conjunctivitis
- The most important thing is to maintain personal hygiene.
- Keep hands and mouth clean, wash hands and mouth frequently with soap
- Avoid going to crowded places unnecessarily.
- In general, if there is redness-pain in the eyes or inflammation, go to the nearest ophthalmologist for treatment.
- Do not take eye drops without doctor’s advice.
- Hands should be washed with soap before and after applying the drops.
- Keep all items of personal use of a patient affected by conjunctivitis isolated
- The patient himself should try to avoid contact with others.
- The patient should protect the eyes with glasses if possible.