Apart from the fire brigade personnel, no one was injured.

Ahmedabad : Fire broke out in a toy godown next to an ice factory near Vishala Circle in Sarkhej area of Ahmedabad. More than 10 vehicles of fire brigade were dispatched to the spot after the incident was reported. Efforts to control the fire were started by firemen using water cannons. All the other shops or godowns around the godown were evacuated. Being a toy godown, the fire spread further. Other officials including the Chief Officer also reached the spot and tried to douse the fire.

According to the information, a fierce fire broke out in a toy godown near the ice factory in Sarkhej area of Ahmedabad in the afternoon. As soon as the fire broke out, more than 10 vehicles of the fire brigade were dispatched to the spot. Two Deputy Chief Fire Officers along with the Fire Officer immediately reached the spot along with the staff. Firefighters launched water cannons and started efforts to control the fire. Various types of toys and equipment were lying in the godown. There were some toys that were battery operated. One or two batteries exploded due to the fire. As a result, water from the battery flew over three fire personnel, so that they were burnt. All three firemen were immediately sent to VS Hospital for treatment. As the fire in the godown was very severe, several adjacent shops and godowns were evacuated to prevent it from spreading. Two people were also rescued from the roof using ladders. Efforts are being made by the fire brigade team to control the fire.

As many as five people who were working in the toy godown were rescued by the fire brigade team who climbed onto the roof that caught fire. They were rescued from the roof using a ladder. The fire is now under control. The fire brigade is doing the cooling of the burnt goods in the godown. Apart from the fire brigade personnel, no one was injured.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *