The outstanding performance of the zone/division which increases the property tax revenue income will be applauded.
Surat : The budget has been presented today by the Surat Municipal Committee. There has been an increase in capital expenditure and a significant increase in the budget of the Nagar Primary Education Committee. The total budget of 8,873 crore has been approved by increasing the budget of 8,718 crore presented by the Commissioner by 155 crore, in which the capital expenditure budget has been increased by 106 crores from 4,121 crores to 4,227 crores and revenue expenditure has been increased by 49 crores from 4,597 crores to 4,646 crores.
Further, 100 percent interest waiver on property tax arrears of a total of 2,98,474 residential properties for the year 2022-23 amounting to Rs 125.60 crore. A total of 72,948 non-residential properties received 50 percent interest waiver amounting to Rs 58.53 crore. A total relief of 184.13 crores can be given to taxpayers till 31st March 2024. The outstanding performance of the zone/division which increases the property tax revenue income will be applauded.A uniform was being given to the children every year by the Nagar Primary Education Committee. Instead, now two uniforms will be given to a student and one sports uniform will be given with shoes and gloves. Books, notebooks, water bags will be given to the students.
*New bridges will be built in the city
- Planned widening of river bridge connecting Katargam-Amroli area over river Tapi on both sides.
- Planning to build a flyover bridge over Rushabh 4 road junction in West Zone area.
- Planning to construct a flyover bridge over Ramnagar Junction over Rander Road in West Zone area.
- Planning to construct new connectivity of boarding and alighting ramps at Bread Liner ICCC Junction from Bhatar with Hayat Fly Over Bridge near Anuvrat Dwar Junction in South West Zone area.
- Planning to construct flyover bridge along iconic road over SVNIT Junction and Kargil Chowk Junction in South West Zone area.
- 1 Plan to construct flyover bridge over Gandhi Kutir Junction over Udhana Magdalla Road in South West Zone area.
- Planning to build fly over bridge near Udhana-Navsari main road Udhana three roads in south zone area.
- Construction of flyover bridge over Akhand Anand College Junction to Dabholi Char Rasta Junction in North Zone Area Planning to construct flyover bridge over Gandhikutir Junction over Udhana Magdalla Road in South West Zone Area.
- Planned to build a fly over bridge near Udhana three roads of Udhana-Navsari main road in South Zone area.
- Planning to build entry-exit ramps at more other locations along with upramps connecting newly
- planned Vallabhacharya Road to Srinathji Bridge after Hayat Up-Down Ramp above Hirabagh Junction on Varachha Main Road in Varachha Zone-A area.
- Construction of water works at Giav to provide water supply to Sachin, Kanakpur-Kansad, Pardi Kande, Talangpore, Pali, Uber etc. of South Zone-B (Kanakpur).
Lastly, it is planned to formulate a policy to allow eligible fairs in the Surat city area for use on a purely temporary basis for the purpose of vending. Show a humane approach to ensure that hawker vending activities are not carried out on public roads and the livelihood of hawkers is not stopped and the families of hawkers do not face financial hardship. It has been decided as part of the budget to formulate a comprehensive policy in all zones to permit vending activities at fairs.